Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I Might Electrocute Myself, But...

I might electrocute myself with all the sweat I am dripping on to the keyboard LOL:), but I had to write a quick post before I hopped in the shower. I just completed my cardio workout for the day (yes at 11:09 pm!) and I did the fastest mile I have done in months!!! I ran a 13.25 minute mile which is awesome for me. I had been doing around 17 minutes when I was doing a 60 minute cardio routine. The Body For Life plan requires 20 minutes of really intense cardio and man, did I accomplish that!! I managed to hold a 6.0 mph run for 30 seconds and stayed at 5.6-5.7 for several minutes in the workout. I am really proud of myself right now.

Our boys are getting used to their half-day homeschool routine. They are getting to bed WAY too late. Tonight they made a tent out of blankets in their room with the top of their fooseball table being the "secret door" complete with password. I, being the ever clever top secret Mommy agent that I am, quickly guessed the password (name of the youngest son :)) and I was allowed top secret clearance. Daddy was at a meeting tonight so they had ice cream, a movie, and I let them sleep in their tent. That lasted about 10 minutes and they were back in their own beds. Too funny!

Each day we do lessons in handwriting, spelling, english, and double math and phonics lessons. Both boys are making great strides in their math and reading! I started to read a loud to them yesterday but I don't want to get ahead of the schedule too much. We don't officially start until August 4th and we still have summer activities like swimming and soccer to work around, so I don't expect to be on our true schedule until September. Until then, we just tackle our daily schedule by fitting it in where we can, making sure it all gets done each day. So far, so good. I'll probably write more about school in the weeks to come, as I imagine there might be a few of you with questions of what they will be learning and how it will all work, so I'll continue to expand on our homeschool adventure as we go.

I had to rip out my tunic WIP!!! Ug!! I could tell it was going to be too small so I ripped it out and am starting over tomorrow with a bigger hook. I crochet with a tighter tension these days and I think that's the reason it wasn't working. Oh well, like I haven't ripped out a WIP before.

Ok, off to the shower and then bed. We have a full day of swimming, school work, and playing buccaneers ahead of us tomorrow and if I don't get enough sleep, I'll be walking (crawling) the plank!!

No comments: