Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Another Fitness Milestone For Me!

I finally reached a big fitness milestone- I did a mile in 11:28 minutes! That's my best time ever! I really didn't think I'd get under 12 minutes during this challenge, but I did. Yea me. I started off with 4.5 mph, which is the fastest I've ever started and reached 6.7-6.8 mph at the end of the first mile. For the 20 minutes, I ended up doing 1.57 miles which is just awesome for me. The ultimate goal is to do 2, 10 minute miles and I would be absolutely shocked if I reached that before the end of this challege!

Well, I'm off to shower and then we are going to the fair to see how my entries did. Please, DON'T expect any ribbons- I saw alot of my competition last night and I don't stand a chance, but that's ok. It was fun just to enter things in the fair. My oldest has soccer practice this evening so the kids will be eating dinner at the fair (this is our one night to go), and I'll be toting my protein bar and diet pepsi. Boy, I live on the edge, don't I?

I'll write more about the fair this evening.

3 comments:

Jennilee said...

Carey-I can't seem to find your email...I know I'm missing it. Can you tell me where to find it please? lol

Carey said...

Sure- I think it's
crochetmamaof3@gmail.com
Let me know if you have any problems getting to it! Carey

Shannon said...

Wow! You're doing awesome! Keep up the work!