Thursday, August 14, 2008

Quick Update...

I'm getting my children ready for soccer practice (although we have a thunderstorm moving in so I don't know if it's really going to happen), but I wanted to take a minute to update you on the contest and other bits of news. First, the contest. I'm waiting to hear from one contestant who entered an entire book. I need her to narrow it a bit down for me! :) I'm going to give her a few more days to respond. In the meantime, I'm looking through the choices and narrowing them down to a few that I'll let you decide through a poll.

Secondly, I don't know if I am looking better, but boy, do I feel better. I have more energy, and I feel like I'm going somewhere with this program. Free day is going to be my sons' birthday party on Sunday. Can't wait!!

Lastly, I entered 3 crocheted items into our county fair!! The Hot Mama Swimsuit, The Upsy Daisy Poncho, and my daughter's Christmas dress. I also entered a Chocolate Chip pie and my husband's grandmother's Molasses Sugar cookies. They have to be taken to the fair grounds on Monday. I won't know how I did until the weekend of the 23rd. Wish me luck! Oh no, lightening, gotten run!

1 comment:

Jennilee said...

Good luck at the fair, Carrie!

I really like the jacket on pg.7...kind of a "transition" jacket, I think.

The dress on page 17. I *love* it. I think it would look really cute in a darker color and turned into a jumper by pairing it with a turtleneck or a nice blouse.

The coat on page 25. I am so in love with this coat! lol!

Those are my favorite picks from the book (Romantic Looks crochet)