Sunday, May 4, 2008

And The Beat Goes On....

Yep, I'm still here. I got an email from my best friend, who noticed I hadn't posted on the blog since Wednesday and wanted to make sure I was ok. That got me to thinking that she might not be the only one wondering about me, so I better update the blog!

The last few days have been VERY busy and I have been watching what I eat and exercising. By the way, the treasure left in the DVD/VCR was a pen cap. So the VCR portion no longer works, but my DH got the DVD part working so I can still use my DVDs to exercise.

I'm waiting for some extra instruction to finish the Upsy Daisy Poncho, but in the meantime, I decided to work on a beach bag. I am going to get some fabric tomorrow from Hobby Lobby when I go to see my Papa and then I should have it done by Wednesday to post pics of it as well as a link to the pattern.

I am planning a super agressive week for exercise and diet. I'm on the attack! Ha! I'll be doing cardio and toning everyday as well as extra walking at the ballpark when possible.

My next scheduled time to cantor is May 18th so I thought that might be a good time to take some new progress pictures. So look for them that Sunday or Monday morning.

I am SOSOSOSOSOSO much better now that I am concentrating on the routine and not the scale. I'm trying to take it week by week and upping my performance each week based on how I did the previous week. When I was trying to deliver my first child, I did much better with handling labor and pushing when I concentrated on what I needed to do and not the labor contraction monitor. Ok, so the fact that I had to have a c-section after 2 1/2 hrs. of pushing is probably not making this a good analogy, but you get the point :)

The beach trip is fast approaching and I have very little from my dream list made, so I need to really step up the work! I know I won't be at my goal weight then, but I am looking for progress and our family still has a big wedding at the end of August to give me incentive. And you know, it's really ok if I have to extend my timeline. It's not about when it happens, it's that it actually DOES happen. I told a good friend this week that I can't reach my goal size and still weigh what I do, so at some point the scale will need to catch up, and I can't control that. But I can exercise, eat less, and eat better.

I'm going to get moving so I get my chores done and have time to walk this afternoon.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Glad you're still alive! lol I'm even happier to hear that you have been more positive. Keep up the good work!

Carey said...

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to call. Mason had 1st communion today. I'll be up to see Papa tomorrow so give me a call!

Anonymous said...

You inspire me to get my act together and get back into my own schedule! Thank-you :D

CraftyAshley said...

Sounds like you have some great plans. Thanks for the nice comment. Have a great day!

Debbi-a1 said...

Sounds like you're doing great. I'm sure everything will work out fine.
Can't wait to see the poncho and bag. The picture of the poncho looks so pretty and I'm sure you'll look great in it.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you have left the scale behind and feel good about your decision. That is great! I agree; we can get too focused on that thing sometimes. The important thing is if you are feeling good about yourself and the efforts you are making, and it is hard to feel good about yourself when you're tied to a number. Way to go!