Monday, February 25, 2008

It's Crunch Week!

I went to bed last night thinking, "I've got to be a weight loss warrior." I have to conquer my excuses, self-doubt and laziness to get this weight off and reveal that me that I used to see in the mirror. She's in there, I just know she is....she used to sing country music for her grandparents at honky tonks and had the energy of a woman on 3 pots of coffee.

I saw a friend at church yesterday that I hadn't seen in a while. She's one of an elite club of 3: we all had our only daughter, via c-section, on the same day, same hospital. I know, it's crazy. We didn't know each other until a few months later when we met at church. The other mom I met while pregnant when we noticed our bellies were about the same size and started to talk. She's a teacher at my son's former school. Now I count them among my dearest friends.
Anyway, she looked amazing and I asked her what she was doing to look so good. She's lost 20 some pounds since January and she gets up at 4/5 am five days a week to do an hour of cardio and toning. So, what's my excuse?!! I need to really pull myself up by my bootstraps and get it moving!! Measurements will be taken on Sunday and pics of the swimsuit will be up as soon as the mannequin arrives. I'm going to make each day really count!!!

No comments: