Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

I got to spend the morning "reliving the glory days" so to speak- we had breakfast at my grandparents house. Papa came home for the morning and while it wasn't quite like the artery clogging breakfasts of the past (same food, just not as crazy), it was nice to be together with Papa for Father's day. My own DH had to work some this afternoon, but I think he still had a nice day.

I made the mistake of thinking I could give up caffiene cold turkey yesterday. Boy, the headache that I had today was enough to have me running, screaming in the pasture! By 1 p.m., I was sick and felt like I had a tight helmet on my head. After a nap I felt a little better, but decided maybe I need to taper off for the sake of my family's sanity! So I drank about 1 1/2 cups of coffee, headache went mostly away and I think tomorrow I will aim for a little less until I am down to 0 caffiene.

So, I have 2 weeks left to the beach and lots to accomplish in that time. Although I had on a pair of pants this morning that were loose (they were very tight when I bought them!), I still have a long way to go. I aiming for one more inch off my waist before the beach and then 2 inches more before the family wedding at the end of August. If I stay on track, I should be close to my goal by my daughter's second birthday. I'll post pics just before the beach trip for you to see my progress.

By the way, we haven't heard any more information on the hidden camera in the bathroom. Looking to see if there is any news this week. I'll let you know!

Lastly, I haven't been working on any particular project the last few days (I know, get moving!!), but it has been so hard to stay focused! I feel so scattered! I need to get a schedule going for myself and the children. They are working on some academic goals right now- my oldest is very behind in his math and his reading is really improving. My youngest son is advanced in math and wants to read like his brother. I am loving it! A month or so ago, I had to force my oldest to read and now he's begging me to let him stay up and read in bed! They were both excited that they could read in the car! Awesome!

I need to pick one last project to finish before the beach and "get er' done"! I'll look through my graveyard of unfinished projects from the last 5-6 weeks and pick one to get rolling on tomorrow. Hope Father's day was a good one for your family!

No comments: