Saturday, June 28, 2008

Hand, Foot, and Mouth, Oh My!!!

Yep, it's running amok in my house! Hand, foot and mouth disease, Yikes! Our toddler girl had it first, followed by my dh. Now my oldest ds has it and I think I am the latest to get hit. Just one ds to go and it will be a done deal. My throat hurts and I think I have a sore on the inside of my mouth. Did I mention it's my turn to cantor tomorrow morning? Might not be pretty....

Did you ever have one of those weeks where you felt like nothing, and I mean nothing, was going right? Well, I envy those people, because my week was worse. Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug. Well, I'm the bug. Nah, that's an insult to the bug. I'm the icky stuff left behind from the bug from the week before.

I have spent most of the week cheating on my diet plan, not exercising, and trying on clothes to boot! I'm not sure what it is...is it that the beach trip is here and I don't feel or look any different than I did during our last beach trip? Or is it that I feel as if my body is working against me, refusing to acknowledge my efforts with a few meager pounds? Or is the anxiousness and fear that it just might not come off? I don't know, truly. I might have even put back on the inch from my waist that I just lost. I'm afraid to look.

What I do know is this. Come heck or high water, I will make the weight come off. One great thing about the beach, besides being with family, is that it gives me time to think of what I truly want and see for myself. I have lots of ideas and vision, I just need the commitment to see them become reality.

Hey, don't forget the contest! You have a few weeks, so please keep looking. We leave for the beach on Tuesday or Wednesday, but I'll write again before we leave and at least a couple of times while we're away. My latest crochet project was completed last night. I tried it on this morning and I have one word for you: ICK! It looks terrible on me! I think I have the "Reverse Midas Touch." Oh well, I can only go up from here, right? Oh, I do hope this is the bottom and there's not more to come...it's my turn to be the windshield!!


***Note about the contest: You CAN submit multiple entries!****

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I'm so sorry your week hasn't been so good. Yikes on the illness! I bet you are busy getting ready for your trip but I will give you a call later this afternoon.