Thursday, January 3, 2008

Beware the Excuse Demon

I swear there's a little demon named "really, it's ok, do it." I wasn't able to exercise until 10:30 p.m. and that little demon started to urge me to just leave it until tomorrow- do it along with the other workout scheduled...it's ok...you're tired...your dog isn't feeling well...you have a busy day tomorrow...yadayadayada... This is where I usually agree, go to bed and wake up feeling defeated. But not tonight! Ha! I got on that *&^!!!(*&(*& Treadmill and gave it my all!
While there is certainly going to be days that screw up my exercise routine (baby gets sick, I'm sick, etc.), those days really need to be the exception and not the rule. When you give into those excuses you lose not just the chance for losing weight, but you lose momentum and you lose what little, precious, fragile confidence that you are struggling to build.
Speaking of fragile confidence, I took my measurements and all I can say is YIKES!!!! I'm not brave enough yet to post what they are, so I am going to post what they need to be to make my goal: I need to lose 12 inches in my waist, 5 inches in my hips and at least 2 inches in both thighs and arms. That's NOT to be a stick, that's to be a healthy size 12 and for a woman who's 5'9", size 12 is a realistic goal. That's alot to lose, so I am just going to concentrate on one inch at a time. Exercise, eat right, sleep well, think good thoughts and keep crocheting is really all I can do, but if I do it each day, I have faith that I'll reach my goal.

No comments: