Wednesday, March 5, 2008

2 Good Days and One Bad...

Monday and Tuesday I stuck to my diet and did 60 minutes of cardio each day, but the power went out around midnight last night and things went down hill from there. We're lucky in that we have a wood-burning stove and a generator, but we only used it once to get the water pump and freezer/frig. working. The power was out for about 14 hours and with three children, YIKES!!!! I ate a good breakfast, but started to cheat soon after I called the power company and was told it would take until late Thursday night for the power to come on. Gee, do you think the two are related?

Obviously, the power did come back on earlier than expected (Yippee, Wahoo!!). If the power stays on, I am going to get on that @$%&!!! treadmill tonight and get right back to work! I would do it now but with the woodburning stove going, its really warm in here (nine year old had his shirt off earlier!)

I started the Upsy Daisy Poncho last night just before the power started to dim. I am going to enjoy working on this project! I'll write more tomorrow to say I did do my workout!!

****Update: Ok, there's no way on God's great earth that I am getting on the treadmill. My DH just put a few logs in the woodburning stove incase the power goes out again (crews are still working). That stove is about 3 feet from the treadmill and after 5 minutes, I'll collapse from heat stroke!! So, I'm going to crochet the evening away...****

No comments: