Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Does Anyone Else Have This Problem?

I almost put off exercising....to clean....but I didn't. I put in 60 minutes (3.5 miles) and now my legs are jelly. Cleaning and maintaining our house is a huge problem for me. With a 17 month old home with me and two school age boys who need help with homework in the afternoon, I am finding it nearly impossible to get everything done. Our house was in complete chaos this morning and I felt so defeated by it all. It seems to come down to this: I either use nap time to exercise or clean and the good news for my body is that the exercising is winning. Unfortunately for our house, the cleaning is a horrible second.
I love to watch Jon and Kate Plus 8 and I am always amazed that their house looks pretty tidy for having 8 children. I have many friends with more children than me, heck, in my neck of the woods, having 3 children is a small family! I'm not kidding! That's another reason I am dedicated to losing this weight. I need more energy to be the mom that I want to be for my children. NOT a supermom. I don't ever want someone to say how great or perfect my life is...because it's not reality and I tend to stay away from moms who act like they never get frustrated. I'm a real person who gets frustrated, angry, and has a ton of self-doubt.
So, how do I get my house in shape? I know about Flylady and I've tried to follow her lead, but I have a ways to go. Does anyone else share this struggle? Off to shower and get the children from school, oh, and there's that dinner thing. I'm supposed to MAKE dinner, right? UG!!!

2 comments:

Debbi-a1 said...

You're not the only mom who has a hard time maintaining her house. My friend had the same problem, even with only 2 kids and a stay at home. Yes better then now when she's working, but not by much. Even me with no kids. I'm not sure why. And it's not laziness (youre exercise shows that for you). So I'm not sure what to tell you. I think you're doing fine.

Carey said...

Thanks, I appreciate it. Carey