Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My Own Biggest loser Camp

We arrived at my in-laws house around 7:30 PM, tired and cranky from a long trip with 3 children and 2 dogs. I had a couple glasses of wine, but didn't eat the cupcakes sitting on the counter.

I'm happy to report that I walked this morning for almost an hour and have stuck to a very low fat/low calorie died today- still avoiding the cupcakes! I told my dmil that if I get home,get on the scale, and see weight loss, I'm coming back to live here until July. It's like my own Biggest Loser camp. There lots of people around so boredom is not an issue and it's easier to stick to eating healthy here.

The older children are off with my dmil and dsil for the afternoon and the baby is down stairs asleep so I am going to work on a quick poncho for her.

Crocheters will love this: My in-laws live about a mile from a fantastic yarn store and tomorrow we are going out to lunch where there is yet another yarn store! Woohoo!!! I'm like a kid anticipating Christmas!

2 comments:

sue said...

so do you have a limit to the amount of wool you can purchase , ie do you buy x amount of wool depending on how much weight you have lost. I admire you keep up the good work, wish I had the same determination but have resigned myself to being fat. I look at my treadmill each day and dream of the day I can get on it and use it.
Mind you there are no reasons why i cant diet. Just lack motivation.
Good on you and keep at it.

Carey said...

Please don't resign yourself to being fat! If you have a treadmill, try this trick: get book on cd or ipod that you really want to listen to and only listen to them when on the treadmill. Set the treadmill to a doable pace and concentrate on the story. Even if for just 10 minutes. Take the monster aspect out of your treadmill. It's a tool and there isn't a rule that says you must be a marathon runner to use it. Please write me tomorrow to let me know that you did it! I'll do a little keyboard dance to cheer you on! BTY, I purchase yarn based on exercise and diet efforts, not weight loss. Good luck and write me!!!!Carey