Thursday, March 20, 2008

Taking a Day for Myself

Every time I look at myself in the mirror, I feel a little ragged around the edges. So, I gave myself the day off and spent a little time on my appearance. After the baby fell asleep, I gave myself a manicure and pedicure and took my time curling my hair and putting on makeup. I feel alot better. It's a great thing to do for yourself when you are feeling a little down and my head constantly spinning is really bothering me. But when I go to Holy Thursday Mass tonight, I will feel more put together and prettier and that has to help, right? I'll be able to concentrate more on the Word of God and less on the words in my head saying, "boy, you really need to do something about your ....(fill in the blank)."

2 comments:

Debbi-a1 said...

Yes we all need a day to ourself. Flylady calls them Pampering Sessions. Glad you feel better and I bet you look great.

Carey said...

I'm a flybaby too! A wandering one, but I hope to get back to it soon. Isn't she awesome? I'd love to do some of the saving dinner menus. I have them, just need to do them! Carey