Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I Believe There Are Angels Among Us

This was a hard day. One child was home sick and I think the withdrawl symptoms have kicked in. I was very light headed and dizzy. I didn't exercise because I was afraid I might fall off the treadmill. I was feeling bad about that, started to eat BADLY and that never helps anything, but then things started to turn around.

Have you ever heard the song by Alabama, "I believe there are angels among us"? I truly think God uses people to reach down and embrace us with His love and hope. I have this amazing friend, Jeanne, who has had such a difficult year. We are approaching the one year anniversary of her youngest daughter's death. She was 2 1/2 years old. Francesca was a precious angel. I was blessed with getting to help out their family today and my children got to spend time with two of her other daughters. They are spending the night with us tonight. They are such wonderful girls, I know my 3 children love having them here.

And then I got on Crochetville (message board for crochet fanatics like myself) and some dear lady left a message, which was actually this fantastic prayer that had me in tears. I'm printing it out and posting it on my frig. I wanted to share it with you so that you could also be blessed by it. If you are someone struggling with weight loss, copy the prayer into word, change the name to yours and post it on your frig and read it every morning like I will. I don't know the author's name, but I am so blessed by her and I want you to feel as good and hopeful as I do this moment. Bring on that treadmill!!!

"God give Carey faith in herself. Not only on the days when she is doing great and winning and nothing seems impossible, but on days when she wonders if she is brave enough, smart enough, strong enough. Don't let her quit, not ever. Let her keep faith in herself. No matter how many people discourage her, doubt her, laugh at her, warn her, think her a fool, don't let her listen. Let her hear another voice telling her, "You can do it, and you will!" If nobody else in the whole world seems to care or believe in her, let her believe in herself. I know there will be times when she will doubt her own ability, she will be discouraged, on the verge of despair. Don't let her give up, hang on to her!!! Fan the fires of her faith so that she will try even harder. Give her even more faith in herself. You are the source of her abilities and her faith. I know that you will give her what I ask...Faith in herself through your power and glory... In Jesus Name.... Amen."


P.S. Woo Hoo! she has a name! The wonderful author of this prayer is Tammy. If you feel blessed by this prayer, you can thank her!

No comments: