Friday, March 28, 2008

"Take a Deep Breath...and Try Not to Quit..."

FRUSTRATION!!!!! That's the word of the day. I should premise this by saying this is the wrong time for me to be getting on a scale, as I discovered this morning (girls know exactly what I mean), but I did it any way and man, WHY, OH WHY, did I do that to myself!!! I gained a pound! My first thought was, "forget counting points!" but I stopped myself and decided I would give it more than 48 hours. But what makes me mad is that I did eat alot less when away from home and denied myself alot of goodies and extra food. Just frustrating. I'm not asking for weight loss numbers like on Biggest Loser, I'm just talking about a pound or two!

Anyway, so I am picking myself back up by my bootstraps and I'm going to "get to gettin" as one of my favorite tv show hosts says. What else can I do? Whine, wallow, and lose ground? At least my waist is almost an inch smaller than when last checked, but not enough to move the progress scale below.

I have two choices. Move, or sit still and cry. If one of my boys came to me upset that they wanted something terribly but it was so hard to get, would I say keep trying or give up? We all know the answer to that! I'd say if you want it bad enough "GET TO GETTIN!!!"

No comments: