Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Elmo Had It Right

I was remembering a song today that came from Sesame Street and I used to sing it to my now 9 year old son. Elmo knows his stuff:


It's a long hard road But I'm gonna get there
It's a long hard road But I'm gonna get there
It's a long hard road But I'm gonna get there
I'm heading to the morning sun
Well the road is hard
But I'm gonna get there
Yeah the road is hard
I'm a-gonna get there
Every road is hard
But I'm gonna get there
I'm heading to the morning sun
The pathway to the end is hard and rough and long
But I know where I wanna be
And I'll keep a-struggling on
It's a long hard road But I'm gonna get there
It's a long hard road But I'm gonna get there I
t's a long hard road But I'm gonna get there
I'm heading to the morning sun
I'm heading to the morning sun
I'm heading to the morning sun
I'm gonna make it too!

So, alot has happened since my last post. Where to begin? I think my husband thought I was nuts when I told him that life feels as if it has somehow shifted. Not just for me, but for our family. We've had a few changes in the last couple months and it almost feels as if something more and better is just around the corner for me and for my loved ones.

To start off with, we recently purchased the eight acres next door to us which answered the almost 8 year old question of whether we would stay here or move. Secondly, my home had a serious makeover this past weekend. Now when I say I wish you could see it, I mean it in a purely symbolic way and am not inviting any cyber stalker to show up at my house to see the new matelasse I've ordered. Sorry, just thought I better throw that in...:)

I am one of those rare people blessed with an awesome set of in-laws who really have taken me in as one of their own. There's not an unkind one in the whole bunch. Anyway, my DMIL and DFIL came this past weekend and when they left, my whole downstairs looked like a completely different home. I can't begin to explain the transformation, but I just want to cry with joy everytime I walk through the rooms. Now I am working on making our bedroom that beautiful.

Becoming a cantor for our church is the 3rd change. I haven't sang for Sunday mass since I was in college and I had forgotten how much my spiritual well-being benefits from it. I absolutely can't wait to get up to the podium on Sunday and sing.

Lastly, I am an official member of Weight Watchers. I had my points off by 2 (I get 2 more than I thought). It was a huge deal to go, get weighed in and get all the materials. My youngest son was home sick, but I got us out there anyway. No excuses! I plan to stay for next week's meeting.

There are some other changes in the works that I am pondering and praying on, but things feel as if there has been a shift and there is no turning back.

Like the song says, it's a long hard road, but I'm gonna get there. I believe that now more than I ever have before.

No comments: