Monday, April 21, 2008

I'm Just Wallowing in Self-Pity Over Here...

The good news is that I had my blood drawn today to make sure there isn't anything wrong with my thyroid or metabolism and it all came back as ideal. The bad news, the REALLY REALLY REALLY BAD news is that after a week of working hard and sticking to my points, I not only gained back what I had lost last week, I actually gained back a few ounces on top of that!

So there I am sobbing, and I do mean, pour your heart out sobbing, into to the phone to my wonderful husband in the Weight Watchers parking lot. "Why can't I lose this weight?" Gosh, the moment is still so raw for me that I can't go back to it to tell you about it now. Just overwhelming, no, more like drowning. Yea, that's the word, drowning. I'm drowning in this weight and it doesn't matter how many life preservers get thrown to me, I can't escape. But to add to it, I'm watching others grab their life preserver and go and there I am, trying and nothing happens. I keep looking at the pictures I've posted. I think I look a little better, but to find myself almost at the end of April and still waiting to see consistent weight loss- it's just heart wrenching.

I don't know what to do other than to keep going. I don't know what it's going to take to make this weight go. Maybe I could just cry it all out of me? Do tears weigh 60 pounds?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog (through Crochetville) and I wanted to tell you I definitely see a difference in the photos you posted and you must keep going! This may sound trite but success isn't simply not encountering setbacks, it's not letting the setbacks that come defeat you. You must push on! I'm going to start dropping by regularly to check on you. Oh, and that daisy poncho looks like it's going to be gorgeous - can't wait to see it!

Debbi-a1 said...

I see a difference in the photos below. You are making a difference. You are doing better.

teakaycee said...

Lord, You have the name that is above all names. You are Lord forever and there is no one who can challenge Your authority and power. You rule forever and ever, and there is no end to Your Kingdom.

I bring Carey before Your throne of grace, and ask that You would look upon her with Your favor. Your word says that You give strength to the weary, so I ask that You would strengthen her. Bless her Lord with Your presence, and encourage her heart. Remind her of Your faithfulness and Your love that she might stand in faith against the issues that she faces.

I bind the schemes of the enemy to tear her down, and I rebuke the spirits that have been assigned to harass her. I ask You Lord to minister fresh strength and joy to her. I agree with Your word that says Your plans for her are to give her hope and a future, let it be so, according to Your will. I pray in Jesus mighty name, Amen!

Huge hugs...lots of love and bountiful blessings,
.::Tam::.
aka: teakaycee (fellow 'viller and friend)

Carey said...

I think the Lord heard your prayer, and I thank all of you for your very kind words. I feel much better and had a wonderful phonecall from a friend in California who has had much weight loss success. She had some great advice. I am going to just get up in the morning and do the best that I can. Thanks again, all of your comments are really a comfort to me! Carey

Anonymous said...

Hi Carey--

I DEFINITELY see a difference, especially in your tummy and your face! I know the pain of not seeing the tangible success; I am there too. I was stunned to find that in all of my efforts for the last 8 weeks I have not only not lost, but actually GAINED five pounds! So frustrating.

But I'm not giving up and I'm glad you aren't either. It will feel all the sweeter when we do succeed!

I am thinking of you and checking your blog as often as I can. Hang in there!

Love, Katy

Shannon said...

Carey,
I see a HUGE difference in your pictures! Your face ans tomach look a lot smaller. Cheer up! By looks of you you probably have built up a lot of muscle tone which is going to counter act your weight loss on the scale. I hate that you were so upset on Monday. I wish you would have called me. I'll get in touch with you tomorrow.
Love,
Shannon