Saturday, April 26, 2008

What I Know...

The last fews days haven't been very pretty, let me tell you. I don't have this thing figured out, but I do know the following:

I am NOT meant to weigh myself weekly and then face the results of that number with others watching and THEN go sit in a chair and listen to how others lost several pounds in the last week, while I'm just trying real hard to stare at the floor without crying.

Just the thought of getting in my car on Monday to go to the weigh in makes me sick and I have found myself at least 3 times in the last 24 hours, mess up my eating because this growing voice inside me says " it doesn't matter". I keep fighting that voice, but you know, right now, the voice has evidence to back it up, so it makes it hard to argue with it.

I also know that I just don't have time to waste trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong or that I need to just stick in out for sometime and I'll start to see results. I am so sick of this being the end all and be all of my day. I am willing to work hard, but I need to see the payoff. Would you show up to a job and work hard only to have your boss not pay you, but promise to pay you in the future and then several weeks later, you still haven't been paid? How long would you last?

I just can't face Monday. Everytime I think about it, I cringe. I know that no matter how hard I work, or how well I eat, the chances of seeing a good result are close to nothing. The chances of me crying in the parking lot are a WAY lot better.

So, what do I do? Part of me really just wants to set simple eating goals, with less carbs, and do lots of cardio and see how it goes. No points, just eat less, eat better, and move more. And I really don't want to look at the scale for awhile nor sit in room with people all excited about their success while I try desparately to hold it together. I want to just look at inches lost and how much energy I've gained and the heck with that @*&(^%!!! scale. I've wasted half the week trying to get over Monday only to find myself ruining the last 2 days fearing that all my efforts don't matter anyway.

I tell you, I don't know what I'm going to do, but I can tell you that I won't be there on Monday. I'll be on my treadmill or doing my Biggest Loser DVD. I won't be defeated by a number. My success is not going to be determined by a number beneath my feet.

6 comments:

sue said...

Stay on track and do go for the weigh in. Sometimes it doesn't matter what you do, you simply dont lose weight some weeks.
Wether it be fluids, muscle or what it doesn't matter.
Myself I know I have put on weight because of a holiday but if you slip you get back to it and continue. If you have put on weight this time, next time you may find you have lost twice as much. If you feel good really thats all that matters and dont let the numbers defeat you.

Carey said...

I have to tell you there isn't anything in this world that could get me to go to Monday's weigh-in. Sorry, ain't happening. This hasn't been a matter of weeks- yea, 2 for W Watchers, but I've been at this since Janury and at least when I concentrated on just inches and not the scale, I worked harder and didn't get so beside myself. I was more focused. Thing is, I literally can't take the anxiety of another weigh-in. Just too hard. Thanks for the kind words though.

Anonymous said...

Carey, is your email address posted here somewhere? I would like to get in touch with you to give you some motivation and also to give you a link to my weight loss blog.

Don't give up!

Carey said...

Go ahead and leave me a private message through crochetville (I'm pretty sure you're a member too.) Thanks

Anonymous said...

Good idea, I will do that if I can find your profile!

Carey said...

I already pm'd you! :)