Friday, April 4, 2008

God Breezes

If you read the last post, you know I had a rough night. I decided to put on my ipod to listen to and practice the songs I am to lead for church Sunday after next. Do you believe in God Breezes? It's a term the Flylady uses. It's when God sends you little messages in ordinary ways, like a song.

I was just listening to "The King of Love My Shepherd is" and as I sang the first verse, I really listened to the words for the first time...and cried. Here's the verse:

"The King of Love my shepherd is, whose goodness fails me never;
I nothing lack if I am His, and He is mine forever."

Really think about those words. I lack nothing if I am His. His goodness fails me never. I'm going to sing this song in my head the rest of the day and really pray about them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am just now catching up on your blog and I noticed where you are thinking about joining WW. Just a suggestion (if you haven't already done it) Spark People is FREE and is JUST AS GOOD - at least IMO.

I have been on Spark for five months and lost 30 lbs. It is worth a try before paying for something else. I notice you have a link to a friends weight loss blog on Spark so maybe you're familiar with it.

I identify with what you're going through, but it sounds like you are doing all the right things in general. You may need to tweak your calorie intake to get the results. Let me know if you want more info on that. I have been losing about 6 lbs/month for the last several months. Spark People has really worked for a me and a lot of others.

GOOD LUCK! You are getting healthier so don't give up!

Emily said...

I've never heard the term "God Breezes." I have heard them called "tender mercies" to describe the simple everyday blessings that God sends our way.

Carey said...

Flylady.net coined the term. I like the "tender mercies" as well! Thanks for sharing! Carey