Thursday, April 10, 2008

Still Plowing Along

Yep, I think that best describes the state of things in our house and in my life. My husband and I cleaned out and reorganized a huge closet in our "new" den and I can't believe the difference. I was ironing clothes this morning and I heard my 9 year old son give his 6 year old brother a tour of Daddy and Mommy's handywork. Very Cute. He has a future on the Price is Right.

I walked for 45 minutes last night, going as fast as I can. That's 3 days in a row for those who are counting. Today is slip cover day at our house. The ones I ordered look terrible so I am off to find better ones today for our older family room furniture. I'm thinking maybe denim. I'm just waiting to call my DMIL for advice. She's the family style guru. Kind of a Candice Olsen meets Neicy Nash, but without all the head movement. All of our homes look like versions of her home, which is fine by me. I don't have that kind of talent to put a room together- I need someone to tell me what works and what doesn't. Otherwise, we'd all be sitting in lawnchairs while I tried to figure out how to safely use our firepit in the family room. Ok, so I'm not that bad, but still, you won't be hiring me as a consultant any time soon!

I'll write more later this evening after my workout.

1 comment:

Kylie Bowers said...

Thank-you for your congrats :) Love that Hot Mama Swim Suite, I'II have to get myself one of those.