Sunday, April 13, 2008

I So Rocked the Church!!!

Ok, let me clarify:
I So didn't shame my family!!! Woo! Yea!
Ok, I think that needs more clarification...by "rocking the church" I mean the following:
  • My sons didn't hide under the pews (actually my 9 year old was shaking his arm in the air at one point)
  • I didn't drop the music book (though I did put the microphone back incorrectly before Mass, and it dropped onto the podium as the lady before me made announcements..oops..my bad..)
  • I didn't cough into the microphone loudly between verses, causing me to miss the first few words of the next verse (had nightmares about that one)
  • Those who were taping Mass because their child was receiving First Communion didn't turn off their cam corders whenever I opened my mouth.
  • Lady sitting in first row with hearing aid didn't turn it off (I saw the cord coming from her ear and watched her through out the mass!)
  • Didn't see fellow parishoners make snarky looks at each other as I sang.

Ok, so essentially, as long as I showed up wearing appropriate clothing and wasn't booed from the podium, I can fairly say:

"I So Rocked the Church!"

I really enjoyed myself and have to say I loved seeing my boys so proud of their Mama. Both have talked about it all day. My parents came to hear me as well, which was really nice, except I get nervous around my Mom. Don't get me wrong, she's my biggest cheerleader, but her enthusiasm freaks me out sometimes and today was definately one of those times.

We went to Cracker Barrel, otherwise known as the cemetery where your entire daily intake of Weight Watcher points go to die a delicious, but very regretful death. I did pretty well. Under 10 points according to the tracker computer they have online. I had to get up and move though when my youngest son left almost a whole plateful of blueberry pancakes next to me...and that bowl of whipped cream just sitting there...calling me...Evil I know your name and it is called "my children's cast offs"!!! Why do we eat what our children won't? Have you ever seen plates left by other people at restaraunts? You'd sooner give birth without medication then eat from that plate, so why do we do it when it's from our children's plates? Are we trash cans? I say NO!!! I am not a human trash can!!

Wish me luck for tomorrow's weigh-in!!

No comments: